Thursday, September 22, 2016

Genesis

I . I think that Eve was to blame for God sending Adam and Eve away from the garden of Eden. In Genesis 2 and 3, they gave into the serpent and took food from the tree. She then gave Adam which gave them both knowledge, like God. Because she and Adam ate from the "forbidden" tree, God sent them away from the Garden and punished them both. Eve's punishment was that she would feel pain when she had kids. In Genesis it states: I will greatly increase your pains and childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children…" What surprises me is that Adam blamed Eve too. I think that if Eve hadn't been so greedy for knowledge of good and bad, she wouldn't have caused such a mess. I think that the snake that tempted Eve, was testing her faithfulness to God, a test that she failed. In the Bible it said: When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and desirable for gaining wisdom, she took and ate it. She also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate it.". This was the moment when Adam and Eve went against God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment